Making an application under the Commonwealth Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act)
If you wish to apply for access to one or more documents under the FOI Act, your application must:
- be in writing (note, there is no special form);
- state that it is a request made under the FOI Act;
- contain a sufficient description of the document/s you are seeking, so that ASIC can readily identify them;
- give details of how notices under the FOI Act may be sent to you (e.g. by providing a postal or electronic address); and
- be posted, delivered or emailed to ASIC.
Note: Charges may be imposed for the time spent in searching for and retrieving relevant documents, decision-making time, photocopying and postage. Access to a document may be refused if the document is within an exception (e.g. the document is available to the public for a fee or other charge) or exemption specified in the FOI Act.
Post your application to:
Senior Manager – Freedom of Information
GPO Box 9827
Brisbane QLD 4001
Or send to email address FOIrequest@asic.gov.au.
Information ASIC routinely gives access to under FOI requests
None of the information ASIC routinely gives in response to requests under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 is of a kind which is required to be published under the Information Publication Scheme.
Information ASIC routinely gives to parliament
ASIC routinely gives the following information to the Australian Parliament: